AMBLER — Ambler Restaurant Week is in full swing, attracting thousands of foodies and visitors to local eateries. The event began Monday, Jan. 6 , and continues until Monday, Jan. 13.
Residents and visitors still have a few more days to experience a variety of dining options across the area.
“I think this is just such a great opportunity to get a sampling of all the different restaurants that we have,” said Elizabeth Wahl Kunzier, manager of Ambler Main Street.
Wahl Kunzier said that the borough has a diverse culinary scene, with places to eat, including French, Spanish, sushi, and barbecue.
She said the event was started by a group of volunteers about a decade ago as a way to generate interest in the town and its restaurants.
Wahl Kunzier added that it’s since become an established tradition where a number of restaurants offer fixed-price menus and drink specials.
“It has legs of its own now. There’s not a lot of pushing that we need to do,” she said.
While she couldn’t put a specific number of patrons dining throughout the week, Wahl Kunzier said that she expected there to be a good turnout.
Restaurants will be crowded this weekend and patrons are urged to make reservations, arrive early and avoid most popular times.
The following establishments are participating in this year’s Ambler Restaurant Week:
- Bridgets Steakhouse on 8 W. Butler Pike in Ambler
- Cantina Feliz on 424 S. Bethlehem Pike in Fort Washington
- Costa Deli & Gina’s Cupcakes on 901 E. Butler Pike in Ambler
- Dettera Restaurant & Wine Bar on 129 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler
- From the Boot on 110 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler
- Gypsy Blu on 34 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler
- KC’s Alley on 10 W. Butler Pike in Ambler
- La Provence on 27 W. Butler Pike in Ambler
- Melody’s Viet-Thai Grillhouse on 47 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler
- Pie and Plate Cafe on 43 N. Main St. in Ambler
- Saffron Indian Kitchen on 60 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler
- Sushi Hatsu on 51 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler
- Sweet Briar Cafe on 11 Lindenwold Ave. in Ambler
- Tannery Run Brew Works on 131 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler
- The Lucky Well on 111 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler
- Vida & Comida on 131 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler
- Zakes Cafe on 444 S. Bethlehem Pike in Fort Washington
For a list of menus and more information, visit restaurant websites, the “Ambler Main Street” Facebook page or amblermainstreet.org/ambler-restaurant-week/.