ROXBOROUGH >> The Executive Board of The Roxborough High School Sports Hall of Fame has selected the Class of 2017 inductees.
Voting by the general membership was recently completed and the seven inductees are:
• Rasheed Bailey, Class of 2011, football, baseball, tennis
• Michael T. Gibbs, Class of 2002, baseball
• Paul Loughran, Class of 1968, football, baseball
• Bill Fahringer, Class of 1978, wrestling, football, baseball
• Hannah Clothier Pownall, Class of 1982, volleyball, gymnastics, softball
• Brian Flemming, Class of 2000, soccer, track, baseball
• Patrick Canavan, Class of 1976, soccer, tennis.
Individual bios will be published in the weeks leading up to the annual induction in March.
This year’s induction banquet will be held March 23 at Flourtown Country Club, 150 McCloskey Road, Flourtown. A cash bar reception will be at 6 p.m., with dinner to follow at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $30, with children ages 4 to 12 at $15 each. Tables seating eight to 10 persons are available. PContact Pat Robinson, 3481 Tilden Road, Philadelphia, PA 19129, at 215-870-7306. Make checks payable to RHSSHOF, with a deadline of March 16. In order to facilitate seating arrangements, please advise on your ticket request if you are a relation to one of the inductees, i.e. family, friend, teammate, classmate, etc., or if you wish to be seated with someone.
A banquet book will be given to all attendees, and you can show your support by placing an ad in the book. Contact Lynne Gramberg, 7920 Cadillac Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19128 (215-570-7343), or email email@example.com for further details and a submission form. Deadline for ad placement is March 15.