The Roxborough Manayunk Wissahickon Historical Society recently christened their new website to begin to allow the community digital access to their Archives.
Georgie Gould, the RMWHS Archivist and birth mother of the interactive site, plans to continue to expand its offerings and augment the Archives, which are housed in the Roxborough Library.
Because of the city's COVID restrictions, the public's access to the Library has been curtailed.
According to Gould, "It is my hope that members, neighbors, researchers, and other visitors will be able to discover and explore our area's history and the Archive treasures from wherever they may be via laptop, phone, tablet, etc."
The website is http://rmwhsorg.wixsite.com/home.
- Montgomery County shares 'hometown pride' of Willow Grove native Jill Biden
- Lower Providence man faces trial on child porn charges
- Montgomery County officials say more coronavirus vaccine needed to keep up with demand
- Arrests from Abington Township, Jenkintown police depts.
- Calls made for Pennridge School Board VP Joan to Cullen to resign following her attendance Jan. 6 in Washington DC
- 'No day was typical': Thomas Sullivan reflects on tenure as Montgomery County public safety director
- Lawsuit says Pennridge School District failed to protect student from bus driver's sexual abuse
- A Time to Remember offers a place for seniors to spend time together
- Detectives: Audio recordings link two Montgomery County men to another man’s fatal overdose
- Pennridge area police briefs week of Jan. 24