HARRISBURG — Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service grants from the Office of the State Fire Commissioner to local fire and EMS companies were recently announced by state Rep. Todd Polinchock, R-144.
"With these grants we are investing in the people who work so hard to keep our communities, families and friends safe every single day. I could not be more thrilled to support their efforts and acknowledge their sacrifice," Polinchock said in his Jan. 23 Weekly Roundup.
The grants included:
• Chalfont Chemical Fire Engineer Company No 1, $14,248.03
• Chalfont Emergency Medical Service Inc., $9,192.44
• Dublin Volunteer Fire Company, $13,426.46
• Hilltown Township Volunteer Fire Company, $14,248.03
• Silverdale Volunteer Fire Company, $12,467.96
• Warrington Community Ambulance Corps, $9,192.44
• Warrington Township Fire Company No 1, $14,248.03
• Warrington Department of Emergency Services, $13,563.39
"The grants are aimed to support fire companies, emergency medical services and volunteer rescue squads by funding projects based on the needs of their facilities, equipment, debt reduction, training, education and careers departments," the release said.